Happy 4th! Another FREE print for my Patriotic friends!

For those of you celebrating the 4th of July, in recognition of the powerful and dangerous decision our founding fathers made to declare this great nation independent, let me also direct your attention to another turning point in our history that came nearly 100 years later; the Battle of Gettysburg, which ended on July 3, 1863.  For me, this time of the year causes me to reflect on both events.

My family and I are a small bunch of Gettysburg fans.  Some a little more fanatic than others but we all love and appreciate the tragic yet compelling story of that historic battle.  We sort of grew up with the major motion film Gettysburg, and it would not surprise me if all of my siblings own a copy in their own homes.  I know I do.  Lucky for me, it's one of the few DVDs my kids haven't scratched into oblivion.

If you've seen this movie and love it as much as we do, you'll appreciate this free new print.  If you have deep rooted love for this beautiful country, the men and women who fight for us, the standards and values that keep our dreams alive, and the integrity of our constitution, you'll love it even more.

This print is a copy of the speech, presented in the movie Gettysburg, that Colonel Chamberlain gave to the mutineers he was charged with just previous to the battle.  These men were refusing to fight, believing they'd given enough of their time and themselves to fight in the war.  Col. Chamberlain, seeing both their outward and inner struggles and pain, said the following:  

(To save and read: click on image, enlarge and save to computer).


Enjoy the print and this magnificent holiday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment